Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 3 of Training

Day 3 of training was a Very Long Day!!
12 hours of class. The lesson plan was FARs (Federal Aviation Regulations) - and yes it is as dry of a subject as it sounds. The instructors made it as fun and interesting as possible, but still not qualified as a "Fun" subject. We did play a little who wants to be a Flight Attendant (millionaire) our team did win.
We also took a trip to the airport to turn in our paperwork and get pictures taken for our SIDA badges, so that was a little break from FARs. Once we were finished with learning about FARs we took our 1st big test (no including the entrance exam). I got 1 wrong - wasn't very excited about all that (96%, it was passing though) and the question I got wrong was a question many many people got wrong too, so it wasn't that devastating.
We then practiced the actual boarding announcement and did the demonstrations of the seatbelts, oxygen, etc... After a little practicing we had to do it for an instructor. Anyone who knows me knows that this type of thing is my weak spot, but when I was finished the instructor told me I did great, I had nice flow, and was going to be really good at this!! That was very reassuring.
We finally got back to the hotel at about 8:30 pm (2030 in airline time). Dinner consisted of Ramen Noodles for Lindsay and I, then on to 2.5 hours of homework. It would be safe to say that we were a little tired after all that, so basically it was "bed time".
I never thought that this was going to be as hard, and trying as it is. There are definitely points where I just want to go home. And unfortunately there are others who feel the same way, and some who may follow through with giving it up and going home. I think I will be walking into class, and definitely double checking to make sure that we are all there. We have already lost 3 members of the class on days 1 and 2, for who really knows the reason, it is a little scary and nerve racking. I have wanted and waited too long for this dream to come true, so I am not willing or ready to give it up, so I have found a few special people and we have become kind of a support group for each other. We can study together, hang out together, give a boost when another is feeling the pressure. 3 of us ran into a former student (current flight attendant) at the hotel last night, he gave us a big pep talk, and told us the best way to get through all of this (group) and offered his help and support with anything we may need - even offered to come and help us study, that was pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment