Thursday, January 20, 2011

Training Day 2

Well Day 2 was a much better day than day 1.
I got to sleep until 0500 - no elevator alarm this morning. A little breakfast, then off to class.
Once at class we watched a couple of videos on the computer and had to take a test to get my security badge for the Atlanta airport - lowest you could get to pass was 80% - guess what I got?? 80%! I was a little nervous because they say you have to get 90% on all tests - good thing this didn't count as one of those tests. Once that was done, we split into groups and we went to go pick out and try on, and order the pieces for our uniforms (oh how I hate trying things on in dressing rooms) - I didn't look too bad, went with the whole skirt suit plus a pair of pants. Once we returnd from our shopping trip, we received our flight attendant manuals and got to put it all together. super exciting. We listened to some more information and got our homework for tomorrow, and then it was time to head back to the hotel.
I am feeling a little under the weather or something, so the things that should have been super exciting today were only so-so, a feeling I didn't really like and is causing me to have doubts, hopefully it is just being tired and maybe a little homesick. Hopefully this will pass (quick).
Going to go study a little and get some rest, it is announcements and Federal Aviation Regulations tomorrow, but we don't start until 0800 - so extra hour of sleep - yay!!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying the blogs. Feels like my stomach is in my throat with the "deal breaker" pre-board announcement from memory. It's not the material, it's realizing if you forget one word you are bye-bye. PRESSURE!!!!! What are the uniforms looking like? I've been studying airport codes. Seems like we had to match up code with city. It wasn't too difficult. Are they giving you any idea about how the test will be given? Did you take pics of the uni's? I'll bet they are cute. I'm thinking skirt too but do they have a dress? Also, I have to ask you a question about the bording announcement. I saw you were on Skype last night but didn't want to interrupt family time so you call me whenever you have a minute. Sherri XO

    ReplyDelete